Since the company’s inception in 1997, diva has been committed to operating under a programme of ethical and social responsibilities. This programme helps to ensure that the way diva operates and the campaigns we deliver are undertaken responsibly, professionally and conscientiously in line with our company values.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Information Governance Policy
- Sharing Information with our partners
- Environmental Policy
- Sustainability Policy
- CRB Police Checks
- Smoking Policy
- diva is committed to positive social, political and environmental change
- By developing creative, viable, award winning innovative campaigns we promote positive social change
- diva supports the wider community through sponsorship activities dedicated to promoting health and well-being
- We are committed to social responsibility, human rights activities and environmental protection, reflected in our practice and campaigns
- We will not support activities that are exploitative or threatening in our procurement or working practice
- We give procurement preference to companies that are committed to improving social, ethical and environmental impact
- We are committed to achieving positive social and environmental change within company practice, procurement, collaboration and partnerships, and welcome new challenges
- We are committed to positive growth through respect, best practice and intelligence
- diva will trace its carbon footprint annually and plant trees to offset this impact
- We endeavour to use recycled / sustainable materials where possible
We also believe it is important to provide support to charities, and other organisations and campaigns, these are some of the organisations we have/do support:
- The Alzheimer’s Society
- Sheena Amos Youth Trust
- Student Journalist Project
- Fire Service Benevolent Fund
- Greentop Community Circus
- South Yorkshire Forest Partnership
- Black History Month
- Race for Life
- World Aids Day
diva believes in conducting business in a manner which achieves sustainable growth whilst demonstrating a high degree of social responsibility. We believe that this approach creates a source of competitive advantage for our business.
Our responsibility encompasses interaction with:
- the marketplace
- the environment
- diva staff
Demonstrating diva’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility is a journey, in the course of which we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the social and economic needs of our stakeholders, whilst embedding responsible and ethical business policies and practices into everything we do.
By working together with all our stakeholders and embracing CSR, diva opens doors to new markets, opportunities and relationships, increasing competitiveness and profitability and demonstrating our continued commitment to sustainable development
diva is committed to the following CSR principles:
- We manage our business with pride and integrity
- We are committed to full legal compliance in all that we do
- We aim to provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees
- We will continue to develop campaigns and opportunities which support our brand values and further promote our recognition as an active contributor to community development and social change
- We actively assess and manage the environmental impacts of all our operations
- We will further develop our standing as a responsible business in the community
- We will benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the Marketplace
- diva will continually benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to improve our CSR performance
diva has systems and processes in place for ensuring that the information and data we use to support campaigns and other business is handled securely and effectively, according to legislative and other requirements.
We believe that accurate, timely and relevant information is essential to commission and provide the highest quality service. As such it is the responsibility of all staff to promote improved quality of information, and to actively use information in their decision-making processes.
diva creative ltd will ensure that information:
- is managed in an open and transparent manner
- complies with legislative requirements
- is managed according to data quality and security standards, and that
- processes are subject to regular review
An Information Sharing Protocol is being introduced to each campaign or commission to ensure information sharing with all internal and external partners is undertaken legally, and taking into account the company’s responsibilities.
diva creative ltd has a confidentiality policy within its Contract of Employment that must be followed when accessing, disclosing and sharing information. The company also works to clients’ own confidentiality codes of practice requirements within any commissioning framework.
All staff employed by the company are responsible for ensuring that they comply with the clients’ information governance requirements.
We recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment and as a consequence, diva is committed to continuous improvements in our environmental performance and the prevention of pollution.
- Considering the environmental impacts of our products and campaigns at all stages of their life cycle – from design, to manufacturing, customer use, and finally disposal
- Adopting a sustainable procurement policy and conserving resources through efficient use and careful planning
- Sustainable waste management – including recycling where possible
- Working with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
The company has built a strong portfolio and reputation within the environmental sector, having developed the multi-award winning air quality awareness campaign, Care4Air, devised and organised the climate change campaign, ‘Sheffield Is My Planet’, and became a ‘Beacon Partner’ for helping the city to achieve Government recognition for communicating effective messages around ‘delivering cleaner air’.
As part of the company’s commitment to reducing the impact of climate change, and to coincide with diva’s tenth anniversary, the company’s likely carbon footprint since 1997 was calculated. This took into account office energy use, business travel and materials, and to offset this footprint, diva staff planted 150 trees at a site in Darnall as part of the work of South Yorkshire Forest Partnership.
During the last few years, diva has substantially reviewed the company’s working practices, including introducing a stringent paper and material recycling policy, encouraging delegates to book places for events online, rather than via paper replies, and encouraging staff to look at alternative, more sustainable forms of transport when traveling on business. diva staff have also taken part in an eco–driving workshop, where they received driving tips and techniques.
The company continually reviews the sustainability policy on a regular basis and will continue to make a contribution to tackling the effects of climate change.
All diva staff are either CRB Police checked or Police checked upon joining diva to ensure that our staff are safe to work with young people.
diva has a strict no smoking policy for all staff. It is felt that this is important to respect the values of many of our clients from the health sector.